A Romantic Start to Summer With an Off-Shoulder Top and Stripes
Good day Gorgeous,
This striped, off-shoulder top is the perfect combination of two of my favorite things: stripes and a shoulder-baring cut. On a hot day in Pittsburgh — or anywhere in the world really — weather and fashion are in perfect balance for us to "stripe off." Not to be confused with stripping your clothes off. Do that on your own time. 😉
When your day is full of events, as mine was, and you need to come up with a versatile outfit that will keep you cool in hot weather, I recommend this "stripe off" top from Tobi.com, which I totally love.
So soft and comfortable to wear, this cotton-blend top is perfect for hot summer days. I could have styled it with denim shorts or jeans, but with plans for dinner and theater, I wanted to look a little more dressed up. So I paired my off-shoulder top with a skater skirt from Abercrombie that I've had for years (I've linked a similar style below). I think it came off as light and feminine.
To polish the look, I added a few cool details and accessories:
1. A Gold Belt. Cutting-edge style tip: don't just buckle your belt, tie it into a knot — this stylish way to wear a belt is hot like the summer itself.
2. A Drop Earring, just one. You can modernize any traditional look with a striking, asymmetric detail.
3. A Straw Bag. A hot item this summer, it can be of any shape or size, whatever you like best. It's the texture that counts.
4. Some Color. I wore slide sandals with a bright floral print and balanced it out with a touch of red lipstick.
5. Last, but not least, The Right Attitude. What you wear amounts to about 20% of how you come across. The other 80% comes from how you feel when you're wearing it. Remember to feel gorgeous!
And voila, you are looking easy-peasy-breezy stylish. 😉
I hope you like my take on the off-shoulder trend and would love to hear from you in the comments.
All the links for my clothing pieces are at the bottom.
Have a great week, Gorgeous! And don't forget to shop at Tobi.com. 😉
P.S. If you noticed, my earring is gold and my watch and ring are silver. Don't be afraid to mix metals, it's allowed and even welcome!